12 Feb 2019 news…
Hi Sports Sedan club members, a number of important reminders and news items:
- We are proud to announce QP Lubes as major sponsor of our club for the 2019 year. Please get behind those that support us and help us to go sports sedan racing! This year we will be known as the 2019 QPL Victorian Sports Sedan Championship. Quality Performance Lubes have a broad range of lubricants and oil specialities for a variety of industries, from passenger vehicles to trucks, agriculture and farming machinery and have been blending Lubricants in Australia since 1999.
- 2019 membership is now due, please download from website under “Membership”. Club membership is needed before Round 1 for those competing.
- This Saturday night is the 2018 Grunt Performance Victorian Sports Sedan Championship Presentation Night, an excellent number of people have booked. Reminder that nibbles will be served from about 6.30pm and the venue is the Windy Hill Function Centre, cnr Napier & Brewster Streets Essendon. All the 2018 winners will be recognised and trophies presented, it might not be too late to book – let Annie know on 0408 320 199
- A six round Calendar for our club championship has been announced with worst round option included in our 2019 ASSA Vic Club Sporting Regulations which are available on website. Keep in mind we are on the program for the famous Sandown Historics event this year which will be a highlight for Sports Sedans, so best you plan ahead !
- A reminder about the FIA standard of some race helmets may have expired as of 31st December 2018, CAMS have published the 2019 CAMS Schedule D regulation so please check out for yourselves if your helmet is compliant or not, same with frontal head restraints. Also available on our website are the 2019 CAMS Group 3D Sports Sedan specifications with some updates including Paddle Shift allowances. Please spend some time researching your car’s eligibility under the 3D rules and contact any of the ASSA Vic club committee members if any queries or help needed. Also available are updated 2019 Race Meeting Standing Regulations (RMSR) for you to review in reference to the Vic State Race Series.
- Round 1 is only 21 days away!! Over 20 entries are in already for Round 1 of the VSCRC and ASSA Vic club Championship at Sandown. Entries close on 22nd February 2019.
- Our next General Meeting is less than a fortnight away, February 20th at Rising Sun Hotel in Sth Melb. We are pleased to have Sports Sedan lap record driver and experienced ex supercar driver Darren Hossack attend for an informative night on race driver education, techniques and advice. Don’t miss it!! 8pm start